It’s all set up and ready to go! The City of Biddeford is hosting Winterfest downtown this weekend, and the festivities include this massive man-made sledding hill! Built right next to City Hall, you can take the ride with family and friends on Saturday. Check it out!
Here’s the full schedule for Winterfest:
Join us for a cabin-fever busting weekend of snow and fun filled events for the whole family! Check the WinterFest website for all the information!
Friday, January 31, 2020
6-7:30 p.m. First Night Sledding Party (shhhhh– not for the kids!)
The grown-ups get the sledding hill all to ourselves! Sleds provided, so just show up for sledding fun on the Adams Street hill (in front of City Hall). Ticket holders will received a WinterFest silicone pint glass and a $1 off their first beverage at several participating locations. All proceeds from this event will go back into supporting the mission of WinterFest – including providing hats, socks, and/or gloves for kids in need. Do a little good, have a little fun, join us! This event has a limited number of tickets – be sure to buy tickets today!
7:30 p.m. Piano Men: The Music of Elton and Billy Featuring Joe Boucher and 8-piece Orchestra with special guests Biddeford High Jazz Band + Chorus
“Piano Men – The Music of Elton and Billy” is a tribute to the amazing songs of Billy Joel and Elton John. This concert combines a four piece pop group featuring Joe Boucher on piano and vocals playing with a full symphony orchestra with arrangements by Christopher Eastburn. Rarely have these songs ever been heard performed live in this way as Elton and Billy themselves have only on a few occasions performed with orchestras. “Piano Men” concentrates heavily on the recordings by Elton and Billy during their 70’s heyday when their many hit albums featured lush orchestrations. The concert opens with Billy Joel’s thrilling “Prelude / Angry Young Man” and works its way through a veritable hit parade alternating songs between the two composers.
Sponsored by GWI. Winterfest Event. Click here to purchase tickets or call the Box Office at 282-0849. Tickets $25. A portion of proceeds benefits Biddeford High School Music Program (over $2,000 donated in 2019!)
Saturday, Feb. 1, 2020
11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Winter Fun Time! This is the true “heart” of WinterFest! Come on out and enjoy the snow! Come on out for a FREE day of fun for families in the center of downtown! More events added as we confirm them – please check back!
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Sledding (on Adams Street). Sleds provided! Thanks to New Life Church and their amazing group of volunteers, sledding is free, with no limit to how many times you can slide down.
- UNE College of Osteopathic Medicine students will have a heart-to-heart info and healthy snacks.
- Visit Apex Youth Connection for adventure and fun!
- Challenge your parents or best friend to a stationary bike race!! Who will be the fastest!?
- Have you ever cooked over an open fire? No matter how you answer, you’ll want to taste some fresh chili and learn some new cooking skills with APEX Youth Connection!
- Explore some outdoor winter gear! Climb in tents and investigate what it’s like to sleep outside.
- Biddeford Recreation will be snowshoeing in the square! Stop by and try out a pair – no special equipment needed!
- Face painting
- Yard games – try out some fun yard games, all in the snow!
- FREE BIKES! – New Life Church has donated three kids bikes – stop by for your FREE chance to win!!!
- Noon – 2 p.m.
- Visit the Reindeer. And keep your eyes open for some magical guests to arrive!!! **HINT – they love frozen Maine weather!!!
- Noon – 3 p.m.
- Take a ride in horse pulled wagon.
- 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Do you want a build to a snowman? If so, join the Chamber of Commerce for some snow person building! If the weather permits, fill the park with snow people!
New Life Church will also provide delicious snacks, hot dogs, and cocoa! All for FREE- Wow! A warming tent will also be provided to help take the chill off!!
5 p.m & 8 p.m. Juston McKinney, City Theater
Three “Tonight Show” appearances and half a dozen shows on Comedy Central after turning in his York County Sheriff Deputy’s badge, Juston McKinney is living proof that anything is possible with a degree from Southern Maine Community College. He lives in Newmarket, New Hampshire with his wife and two boys and continues to sell out theaters throughout New England and across the country. We appreciate him making the trip across the border for a night of sarcastic observations and big laughs. Shows at 5:00pm and 8:00pm with tickets $22 in advance ($25 day of show). Click here to purchase tickets or call the Box Office at 282-0849
Sunday, Feb. 2, 2020
Free Skate at Westbrook Skating Rink, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Thanks to the hard work of volunteers this fall, Westbrook Skating Rink is open!! Please bring your own skates.
Super Roll Sunday (Bike Ride), APEX Youth Connection, 10 a.m.
APEX Youth Connection keeps the fat bikes rolling on Super Roll Sunday, with a ride through Clifford Park! The ride starts at the APEX parking lot and finishes back at APEX for some chill lunch after.